Yes, we are open for emergency care.
The AHPPC announced that Dental Practices must restrict routine care, and be limited to emergency treatment.
We remain available to care for our existing patients.
If you have a problem please call us on 9376 3573 - our phones are open as usual.
Guidelines are to be found here
The current global crisis surrounding infections from this rapidly spreading virus concerns us deeply.
We take our responsibilities to the broader society, our local community, our patients and our staff seriously.
While we and dental clinics generally in Australia have been managing risk from viruses for many decades (eg Hepatitis B & C, HIV) with stringent infection control procedures, we took an extra step 2 years ago to become an Accredited Practice (one of few in the region).
This process of Accreditation is an extra assurance of procedures and protocols to ensure patient safety, and give you comfort.
While our normal daily procedures are quite stringent, as many of our patients remark, we have extra precautions due to the risks presented by this coronavirus:
- We are pre-screening all patients, and postponing treatment for all who fit into current Health Dept risk profiles
- Compulsory hand sanitisation is implemented for all people entering
- We use a 'no touch' thermometer to test all patient temperatures (and staff in the morning before work)
- Staff would be isolated if any Health Dept risk criteria were met
- We use pre-treatment mouthrinses with proven anti-viral activity
- We have always used rubber dam widely, and will continue to do so
- We have removed magazines etc from the reception area
- Even more surface cleaning than usual has been implemented of all patient touch areas
- Our staff are all very well qualified. Two of our dental nurses are actually overseas qualified dentists.
- We are implementing appointment times to minimise crowding
- We regularly receive and implement guidelines from the ADA & Health Depts, both VIC and Federal
I am quite confident that we meet or exceed all current Australian guidelines. We remain fully functioning and prepared to serve you safely.
HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT 'BUSINESS AS USUAL'. THESE ARE EXTRAORDINARY TIMES, AND DEMAND CHANGES IN EVERYONE'S BEHAVIOUR. THIS SPREADING INFECTION CAN ONLY BE DEFEATED IF THE PUBLIC SERIOUSLY START TO IMPLEMENT SELF-ISOLATION AND MINIMAL CONTACT WITH PEOPLE ANYWHERE. ORAL HEALTH IS IMPORTANT, BUT SOME TREATMENTS CAN BE POSTPONED SAFELY. WE DO URGE PEOPLE TO BE RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS AND CONSIDER EVERY TRIP AND CONTACT YOU NEED TO HAVE WHILE THIS CRISIS IS STILL ACCELERATING.
I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THE STRONGEST ACTION BY GOVERNMENT, WITH UNDERSTANDING AND RESPONSIBLE ACTION INCLUDING APPROPRIATE SACRIFICES FROM ALL OF US WILL BE NEEDED TO CURB THIS PANDEMIC.
Dr Andrew Navakas & Team